Post-Adoption Paperwork

As you can see on the Post-Adoption To-Do List the paperwork doesn't end when your child comes home!  The following articles, submitted by C.J. Lyford, Attorney at Law and mother to a child adopted from China provide answers and explanations for the post-adoption paperwork maze. 

Note:  you will need Adobe acrobat to download the articles and  information on this page. 
 Get Acrobat Reader


Patti Urban of Legal-Eaze has compiled a citizenship packet which explains who is eligible for automatic citizenship and includes a sample letter to mail to the INS with a checklist of required supporting documentation.

Here are links to the necessary U.S. government forms:

Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship in Behalf of an Adopted Child

Form DS-0011, Application for US Passport

Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card





(c) 2004